The goal of Condition Yellow Academy’s Defensive Tactical Rifle II Course is to provide the student with training in a private range atmosphere to take rifle skills to the next level. This private outdoor range is designed to allow students freedom of movement and provide targets and different barricades to teach a student how to shoot on the move and from different shooting positions. This course puts the student in an environment that allows a very high level of realism and stress to be added to the training, and includes steel targets for more dynamic training.
Date: Saturday August 20th (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Location: Our private outdoor range near Braidwood, IL.
- Defensive Tactical Rifle I
- AR-15, AK-47, or pistol variant with arm brace
- 3 magazines and magazine storage
- 300 rounds of ammunition (generally you will use less)
- Clothing for outdoor range atmosphere (long pants, no open-toed shoes etc.)
- Eye and ear protection
- Gloves, Knee Pads, and Elbow Pads
This course will focus on teaching:
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting positions to include kneeling, squatting, urban prone, prone
- Proper use of cover to include shooting around and under cover
- Search and assess as well as ready positions
- 360 degree drills as well as elevation change drills
- Hitting targets while on the move
This course not only focuses on these basic skills, but teaches the principles behind each skill. In addition, the instructors will teach students how to simulate the drills at home using snap caps or dummy rounds, which will allow the student to take what they learned at class home with them. They can then continue to develop their skills outside of a class environment. Condition Yellow Academy’s outdoor range is located near Braidwood, IL.