Dates: 2020 Dates T.B.A. (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Location: Our private outdoor range near Braidwood, IL.
The goal of Condition Yellow Academy’s Defensive Pistol Course is to provide the student with training in a private range atmosphere to put defensive pistol skills into action. This private outdoor range is designed to allow students freedom of movement and the opportunity to learn different shooting positions as well as to acquire advanced pistol handling skills necessary to improve their chances of winning in a gun fight. This course puts the student on a range that allows a very high level of realism and stress to be added to the training.
- NRA Basic Pistol (from any certified NRA instructor) OR:
- Valid Concealed Carry Permit or Completed Training Certificate (any state) OR:
- Member of a Pistol Shooting League (with letter of reference from league officer)
- Holster and magazine pouches (outside the waisteband belt mounted)
- Cover garment or vest (for drawing from concealment)
- 3 magazines for pistols, or 3 speed loaders for revolvers
- 300 rounds of ammunition (generally you will use less)
- Clothing for outdoor range atmosphere (long pants, no open-toed shoes etc.)
- Eye and ear protection
This course will focus on teaching:
- Review of basic marksmanship
- Review of holster drawing
- BSA shooting
- Search and assess as well as ready positions
- Emergency and tactical reloads
- Malfunction clearing
- Basic shooting positions
This course not only focuses on these basic skills, but teaches the principles behind each skill. In addition, the instructors will teach students how to simulate the drills at home using snap caps or dummy rounds, which will allow the student to take what they learned at class home with them. They can then continue to develop their skills outside of a class environment. Condition Yellow Academy’s outdoor range is located near Braidwood, IL.